COMMISSIONING ENGINEER / MANAGER
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCESFrom February, 12th 2016 to May, 5th 2017: Commissioning engineer – DCS, for Samuel Knight, service provider for General Electric, Belfort, France.
On site in Tashkent, Uzbekistan, Uzbekenergo power plant extension project (1 combined cycle plant of 380MW).
· Review of status of engineering and documents and work with customer on the missing parts onengineering.· First power up of the DCS system (GE MarkVIe) and realization of the cold commissioning (loopchecks of every instrument hardwired as well as signals received by Modbus from the PLCs).· Test of the control system of the power plant (check of sequences and proposal of modifications ifany issue and implementation).· Training of Uzbekenergo operators.
From July, 21st 2015 to November, 30th 2015: Commissioning engineer – BOP (ash handling and water steam cycle), for ECL, service provider for Alstom Power, Belfort, France.
On site in Narva, Estonia, Eesti Energia power plant extension project (1 shale-fired plant of 300MW).
· Commissioning of the ash handling system (ESP, ash conveying), as burning local shale oil produces as much as 46% ash.
· Involvement in the commissioning of water steam cycle (main steam lines, heater tanks, boiler feed water, vacuum and condenser, water systems, etc.).
From September, 29th 2014 to March, 31st 2015 : Commissioning supervisor - water steam cycle, for Alter H, service provider for Alstom Power, Belfort, France. On site in Sitiawan, Malaysia, TNB Janamanjung power plant extension project (1 supercritical coal-fired installation of 1000MW)· Involvement in the commissioning of water steam cycle systems (deaerator and bioler feed water with associated pumps and auxiliaries, condenser and vacuum making-up, reheating, cooling water, main and auxiliary steam...).· Supervision of electrical and mechanical activities requiring technical manpower.· Management of documentation on the bioler feed water system.
From June, 24th 2013 to June, 7th 2014 : Commissioning Manager – gas turbine, for Atlantic Engineering, service provider for Cegelec, Paris, France. On site in Abidjan, Ivory Coast, CIPREL power plant extension project (1 additional GE 9E trial-fuel turbine).
· Coordination of commissioning and testing of the different electromechanical systems (gas turbine and associated equipments, power transformer, generator breakers, MV-LV and distribution boards, diesel generator, fire detection and protection systems, HVAC system, SCADA command control system).
· Management of commissioning staff, including factory specialists and contractors (definition and setting up of the staff manpower required and their qualifications, planning of the different specialists missions on site).
· Organization of the commissioning meetings, coordination with erection team to set the priorities and correct the non-conformities to respect the short lead time on the project.
· Writing of the commissioning documentation: planning, procedures, test sheets, reportings.
· Implementation of the EHS and quality plans (in charge of the equipment locking-tagging (LOTO) and work permits to ensure commissioning works to be carried out safely, management of quality documents - writing and updates - to meet the required expectations).· Managing the punch list and progressive completion of the snags.
From April, 10th 2012 to April, 17th 2013: Commissioning Engineer – steam & gas turbines, for TES, service provider for EDF-CIT, Paris, France. on site in West-Burton, United-Kingdom, EDF Energy power plant (3 lines of GE “9FB” gas turbines & GE D12 steam turbines – total power output of the station: around 1450MW).
· In charge of ‘‘9FB’’ gas turbines commissioning, supervision of electrical and mechanical activities and contractors (Alstom, GE…).
· Involvement in the commissioning of the steam turbines.
· Respect of UK safety rules in every step of the project.
From April, 18th 2011 to February, 3rd 2012: Commissioning Engineer - BOP, for TES, service provider for Alstom Power, Belfort, France.
on site in Relizane, Algeria, Sonelgaz power plant (3 “GT13” gas turbines of 155MW).
· In charge of BOP commissioning, the water treatment plant and the fuel oil system in particular.
· Training of Sonelgaz operators and writing of several procedures.
· Supervision of punch list concerning the whole power plant and resolution of punch items.
· Management of commissioning documents, including validation of every commissioning step by signature of the customer.
· Participation of the fuel oil commissioning - GT scope, acting as an intermediary between GT commissioning team and the customer.
From May, 17th 2010 to March, 4th 2011:Commissioning Engineer - steam turbines, for Thermodyn, belonging to GE Oil & Gas, Le Creusot, France.on site in Biganos, France, DALKIA biomass power plant (62MW in total: 1 condensation turbine of 41MW, 1 backpressure turbine of 21MW).
· Commissioning of the different systems of the backpressure turbine (lube oil, hydraulic oil & regulation system, centrifuge, jacking, turning gear, steam). Loop tests for each instrument, and supervision of the different contractors.
· Participation in commissioning of these systems on the condensation turbine.
· Lead time on this project was very short, so the turbines commissioning required the resolution of various problems (mechanical, electrical as well as electronic), on both turbines (bearings opening, elevation of the half superior turbine part, many bugs on sequences).
· In charge of the backpressure turbine commissioning, start-up and realization of all turbine tests (loaded and unloaded), generator tests supervision. The tests have been done with permanent dialog with every company involved; communication was all the more imperative on this site as ‘electrical’ and ‘steam’ networks are complex: the biomass power plant is linked with the paper mill.
· In charge of both turbines and supervision of performance tests, after the condensation turbine supervisor left.
· Additional tests due to condensation turbine problems following the performance tests, realized in agreement with the customer.
· Training of Dalkia operators and writing of several procedures, the start-up procedure for both turbines included.
From January, 14th 2009 to May, 15th 2010:Commissioning Engineer - gas turbines, for AE2I, service provider for GE Energy, Belfort, France.
from march 2009 to may 2010, on site in Mohammedia in Morocco: 3 “9E” turbines of 100MW on heavy fuel.
· Participation on the 2 first turbines works then commissioning from A to Z of the third one (from pre-commissioning to the signature of provisory completion certificate): · First powering of turbine control system (MarkVIe) and other components, · Loop tests for each instrument, verification by injection of some signals, · Motors verification and start-up (insulation, free rotation, phase equilibrium), · Commissioning of the different systems (lube oil, jacking, hydraulic oil and regulation, cooling water, injected water, fire control and CO2 release system, air inlet, ventilation, fuel oil, heavy fuel oil, atomized air, turning gear, cranking motor), · With the commissioning manager, verification, modification and adjustment of heavy fuel sequences, · Start-up and realization of all turbine tests (loaded and unloaded), generator tests supervision.
· Solving of problems occurring: Mohammedia is an innovative site for GE Energy, it is indeed the first order since a long time of turbine operated with heavy fuel, the problems which occurred were therefore mainly related to HFO line.
· Training of ONE operators, writing of several procedures.
· During end of works, commissioning manager assistance for the whole power plant (BOP, water treatment, HFO treatment, boiler as well as turbines).
· Managing the punch list on the 3 turbines and progressive repairing of all snags.
Various work experiences during course curriculum:
2008 Development of a software calculating emissions and dispersion of atmospheric pollutants rejected from a quarry and redaction of a blueprint for the impact study based on quantified emissions, in GSM Aggregates, belonging to ITALCEMENTI group, Montpellier, France. (19 weeks)
2007 Setting up of an environmental management system in preparation for an ISO 14001 certification in SIVIA’M work center, subsidiary company of COLAS, Monaco. (10 weeks)
2006 Creativity, conception on SolidWorks of a mobile and flexible waste sorting office at Compact G, Carcassonne. (5 weeks)
2005 Organization in company, installation of hygiene risks analysis (HACCP) and traceability at SOSAVI, Savoyard Meat Company, Chambéry, France. (5 weeks)
2008 General engineer, from the Mining School of Alès, a Graduate School in Alès, France: general education, oriented in risks management and environment.
2007 India: Half-year in IIT Delhi (Indian Institute of Technology Delhi), New Delhi, India (5 months).
2006 China: Assistant researcher in Nanjing University of Science & Technology, study on air purification using a membrane (2 months).
2004 Preparatory School in Mathematics and Physics at the High School Kerichen, Brest, France.
2003 Baccalaureate Degree, with honours (specialization in Science), Quimper, France.